Social Detoxification is usually carried out in a residential inpatient setting. The individual is carefully monitored and assisted. Our clinical team will also provide therapy and counseling as treatment. One of the biggest differences between medical detoxification and social detoxification is that patients aren’t administered any medication. Instead, the process relies on coaching and therapies such as:
- Mental and Emotional Health Diagnostics – An experience or situation in a person’s life usually fuels addiction. The cause must be uncovered before it can be treated, whether it’s depression, anxiety, trauma, or something else.
- Recovery Group Meetings – These classes vary in size, but they were created so that individuals can form a close-knit system. Since they’re going through the same or similar struggle, the patients can relate to and support one another.
- Attitude Training – A big part of avoiding drug and alcohol use is to have a more positive outlook on life. Some of the guidance here focuses on mindset.
- Education – Education about the way addiction functions. Another good way to conquer dependency is to understand why it is powerful and how it affects us biologically.
- Relationships – Learning how to evaluate relationships. Spotting healthy and unhealthy relationships and managing them can help prevent relapses. Likewise, patients will discover tactics for forming worthwhile bonds with family and friends.
- Accountability – Exercises to encourage accountability. When individuals learn the importance of taking responsibility for their actions, they’re less likely to make poor decisions.
There are many positives that come with using social detoxification. Patients often feel more comfortable during the process because the treatment is conducted in a safe, private environment within the walls of Avante Recovery Center.
People who undergo social detoxification treatment come away with valuable information. The focus on education and therapy doesn’t just allow them to withdraw from the substance, but it also prepares them for the future. In fact, social detoxification is known for its lasting results. Patients are able to build healthy coping mechanisms to keep them from turning to substances in the future.
The mental health of the patients isn’t the only area that’s improved with this method of recovery. Once substances leave their bodies, clients can experience physical turnaround. Avante Recovery Center provides many options for physical exercise, like swimming or guided yoga. This kind of activity is relaxing, clean, and excellent for the body.
Do you have further questions regarding social detoxification?