Holistic Treatment: Focus on the Body
The body often shows us physical signs and symptoms of either optimal or sub-optimal health. These physical signs and symptoms are also more easy to track and measure, versus other non-physical signs and symptoms that can feel more abstract.
When it comes to supporting your physical health Avante Recovery Center provides daily education regarding personal nutrition, health and wellness based exercise. We recommend six key practices that everyone can benefit from and will make a huge difference on your overall well-being:
- Sleep for 8 hours each night. This will allow your body to truly rest and repair from the day.
- Eat a nutrient dense diet that is high in plant-based foods and organic/pastured animal products.
- Maintain a balanced blood sugar by eating meals and snacks that contain fat, carbohydrates, and protein every 3-4 hours.
- Move your body for 30 minutes each day. While every person’s exercise routine will be different, everyone can benefit from at least 30 minutes of movement each day.
- Limit processed foods and hydrogenated oils which are highly inflammatory and can increase risk of chronic disease.
- Do not smoke, and avoid excessive alcohol consumption.
In an effort to focus on every client’s physical well-being, we have a daily and weekend activities which are committed to blending mindful growth with long term recovery.